Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Shameless US - Quick Thoughts



I don’t know why America feels the need to remake tv shows

The Young Ones, Coupling, Spaced, Inbetweens, I.T Crowd, Men Behaving Badly, the list goes on. The problem I have is that they change the script, the delivery, they add characters and remove pinnacle scenes so the show doesn’t make sense.

 Well Shameless US is different. They finally nailed it.

Let’s get this out first: I have never seen the UK original. Maybe this is why I enjoy the show, as I have gone into it with a fresh head. Either way the show has been cast perfectly. William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher is brilliant.

The show is primarily about a dysfunctional family. The dad is a drug using drunk who doesn't care about anyone but himself, which leaves the older daughter to step into the parental role and run the household. Add in some teenagers and you have the Gallagher Family.

Now in its fifth season, the show started following its British counterpart for the first few seasons but now days has gone in its own direction.


Although there is currently no UK release set for this season you can give the show a go on Netflix. Trust me its worth a watch.

- Loz

@laurencehead1

No comments:

Post a Comment