Friday, February 6, 2015

Poltergeist 2015 - Trailer First Look



I admit this remake slipped right under my radar! I didn't even realise they were doing this one!
As much as I love Sam Rockwell as an actor ,I have to ask why re-make this property?
Poltergeist (1982) is one of the greatest horror films, in fact films in general, of all time and I can't really see how this is bringing anything new to the table?
The style and modern emphasis on in your face jump scares and OTT SFX is not really what the original was about. The 1982 Tobe Hooper movie was slow paced and truly gripping viewing!
I must admit that the producers did a solid job re-making The Grudge; and achieved the impossible in making a film that entered into the canon of one of horrors most iconic franchises when they released the Evil Dead (2013), mostly due to Sam's deligence.
I just do not think that this is going to be another win for the team at Ghost House?
And I say this as one of Sam Raimi's number one fanboys!
  • Legendary filmmaker Sam Raimi and director Gil Kenan reimagine and contemporize the classic tale about a family whose suburban home is invaded by angry spirits. When the terrifying apparitions escalate their attacks and take the youngest daughter, the family must come together to rescue her.
    - Written by 20th Century Fox




No comments:

Post a Comment